Open Call - Communication Officer
Open Call - Communication Officer
Contract Duration: Immediately until December 31, 2022 with the possibility of renewal
Type of Contract: Service contract
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
Jeem e.V. is a feminist media organization that works on gender, sex, the body, and sexuality.
Jeem e.V. produces and publishes critical multimedia knowledge in Arabic that critiques and challenges prevailing stereotypes, dominant narratives and systems of oppression in all their intersections. It provides a safe space for those interested in challenging patriarchal discourses to share their experiences. It creates opportunities for networking and collaboration between institutions, initiatives, and individuals working in the field of gender and sexuality at the local, regional and global levels. It primarily targets Arabic-speaking youth in the Arabic-speaking region and the diaspora.
Jeem e.V. was registered in Germany in 2022 as an independent, non-profit organization.
Possibility of being remote.
The Communication Officer will be responsible for implementing the communication and outreach strategy for Jeem e.V., including managing social media accounts and writing content for different platforms.
After an initial introduction to the quality standards of jeem.me, the contractor will work in self-employed, freelance work to complete the following tasks:
1. Services to be provided
Implement the Communication Strategy by:
- Supervising social media accounts.
- Publishing/Scheduling new posts on FB/Twitter/Instagram.
- Uploading new videos on YouTube channel.
- Creating social media content to drive and moderate engagement on social media platforms and the website.
- Replying to messages and requests received on social media and per mail.
- Writing outreach and communication material, including but not limited to, press releases, correspondences with stakeholders (e.g., funders and partners), newsletter, articles about organizational events, and informational pages.
- Working closely with the Managing Editor and the Multi-Media Editors in promoting content on the site.
- Write and/or develop content for the Jeem newsletter.
- Manage mailing lists.
- Ensure brand consistency related to tone, voice, and terminology.
- Participate in editorial/team meetings (approx. 1-2 per month)
To provide above mentioned services the following criteria are obligatory:
2. Eligibility Criteria:
- At least 2 years of experience in being a communication officer or occupying a similar position in an organization or media agency. (20%).
- Experience in managing a social media platform in Arabic on the topics of gender and sexuality (15%).
- Experience in branding or promotion of media content (5%).
- Experience in content moderation on social media platforms (10%).
- Excellent command of the Arabic language with the understanding of different dialects and strong command of English (10%).
Further criteria for eligibility (10%):
- Knowledge of topics related to gender and sexuality.
- Knowledge of French and/or German is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills (please include links to 2 writing samples, i.e. press releases, articles, etc.).
- Demonstrated competence in using Office applications, online collaboration tools, and social media marketing tools. Knowledge of design and publishing software or applications is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
3. Location and working conditions:
- Communication Officer will be hired on the basis of a service contract.
- Communication Officer can be located in any Arabic speaking country or anywhere in Europe.
- Estimated workload: 20 to 30 hours per week. The contractor is free in the design of their working time.
- The Communication Officer will not be provided with premises or equipment to conduct the job.
Please send your expected remuneration (monthly rates).
If the above mentioned criteria are met, quotation and criteria for eligibility will be assessed for selection 30:70%.
5. Steps of the selection process:
To apply, please send your résumé, cover letter (in Arabic, English or French), two references, expected remuneration, and writing samples (in Arabic), all combined in one PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communication Officer as the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Further steps of the selection process can include an online test and an interview if considered necessary by the selection committee. If shortlisted, you will be informed about the next steps after you submit your offer.